Right now, I have four and a half weeks of classes remaining in my second semester. Exciting? Yes. Scary? Yes. While I know the middle of May will arrive and I will look back on this crazy time (fondly), that distant day seems hard to fathom right now. So I thought it might be helpful for me to post about what I’ve done so far and what remains to be done in and out of the classroom. I will post about Sid-tastic’s standing, too. This has been her first semester of life, after all.
1. 22 classes taught. Only 8 to go.
2. 2 of 3 papers assigned and graded. Only 1 more paper and the portfolio to go.
3. Student conferences – check.
For School Work
1. 5 of 7 fiction submissions (roughly 100 pages). Another is due on Friday, and the last one will be due in two more weeks.
2. 2 of 3 rhetoric project class presentations (roughly 8 pages of writing and 1 Prezi). The final one is due the last day of class. Then, I also have to write a final paper.
3. 10 weeks of rhetoric readings, which includes 6 books and at least a dozen articles and selections of text that range from 12-40 pages each. We have one more book-length assignment to go (Nicholas Carr’s The Shallows), and still plenty of other readings. But I really enjoy these readings. They make me think. A lot.
4. A prose poem draft. I will probably submit this on Friday.
5. Initial work on 2 revised pieces for my final fiction portfolio. My final porfolio will probably be around 75 pages of fiction. I’ve still got a long way to go.
6. Register for summer and fall classes.
1. Riley’s birthday party. I’ve started to buy candy, we’ve reserved the place, and we’ve sent out invites. Now we still need more candy, game stuff, decorations, snacks, cake, and drinks. I do have a list, though. At least Mom, Dad, Alli, and CE will be in town to help!! Can’t wait!!
2. Upcoming doctor’s appointments for Riley and Sidney in April.
3. Upcoming doctor’s appointment for me.
4. House work. We have been keeping up with the daily grind (or at least catching up on the weekends), but I am looking forward to doing some major catch-up in May (like going through closets, clothes, etc.).
5. Cars. Just got the RAV an oil change, but now the Tib needs one, and both cars are desperate for baths! The plan is to take care of that this weekend!
Sidney, Sidney, Sidney
1. Sleeping through the night (at least for the past three nights in a row).
2. Rolling over from back to front. Just happened this morning for the first time. So exciting!
3. Smiling and babbling up a storm.
4. Hair growth? Maybe? Not really? Hopefully one day.
5. Gaining weight? Absolutely. She may catch Adrian before too long! More pictures to come soon.
There. That doesn’t look too bad, right? It helps that I love what I do and my schedule and the material I’m working on.
Time to get back to it!