The last two weeks, we have been flooded with sweet potatoes in our bountiful baskets. This past weekend, we brought home the biggest one I have ever seen. I am pumped because I love sweet potatoes. Adrian likes them a little bit, but Shawn and Riley are not fans. That means lots of orange lunches and dinners for me – and, the chance to do some creative cooking. Plus, a little baby food for Sidney. Maybe because it is summer, I’ve been in the mood to change things up a bit. So here’s a couple new ideas to prepare sweet potatoes: one from my mom, one from me, and one from Pinterest…
1. Sweet Potato Foil Pockets. We had these for our Memorial Day picnic up in Virginia. Oh, man, were these good! Great idea, Mom!
- sweet potatoes
- brown sugar
Dice up some sweet potaters
Put them on pieces of foil
Add some butter and brown sugar
Fold them up
Bake pouches for about an hour on 350 degrees.
2. Sweet Potato Curry Salad. I came up with this recipe over the weekend. It was so good, I made it on Sunday, too. Adrian even liked it!
- sweet potato
- light mayo
- yellow curry powder
- garlic salt
- kosher salt
- Dice up a sweet potato.
- Bake the tater in the microwave with a little water for five minutes.
- Let it cool a little.
- Add some light mayo, garlic salt, cilantro, kosher salt, and yellow curry powder. Everything too taste. Probably more curry than any of the other seasonings, though.
The flavors came together so nicely. I am thinking it would be good to eat chilled, but I was too impatient and hungry.
3. Sweet Potato Bread. We are going to tackle a couple of loaves tomorrow. Here’s a recipe I found on Pinterest! So excited.
And now, of course, even though it is almost 11pm, I am hungry again. No more posting about food so late at night!
P.S. Know what is sweeter than a kitchen full of sweet potatoes? This…