We paid our 3.99 to watch unlimited coverage of March Madness on our computers around 12:30 this afternoon. Since then, we’ve had at least one computer playing a game. Meanwhile, I typed four pages of an essay on my other computer, made dinner, packed for a conference in Mississippi, bathed three kids, fed Sidney twice, pumped once, and did a little birthday party research on Pinterest. All while watching game after game. We even let the kids have a picnic in front of Elmo in the playroom so we could keep watching over dinner.
For me with sports, it’s feast or famine during the year. In these first few days and throughout the tourney, I watch more basketball, more sports even, than I do for the rest of the year. Of course, this year it might end up being a little less depending on what work I can accomplish with the games on…
Why do I love March Madness? Oh, let me count the ways…
1. The Boss Button. If I have access to the games online, you know what I’m talking about.
2. The Toyota commercials. So good.
3. Belmont, Baby! Yes, I picked them into the final four. I’m tired of Georgetown killing my bracket with their early exits. This year I decided to take a stand.
4. It’s anybody’s game! Well, unless you are a 16 seed…
5. The energy of it all: so many games back to back to back. What a thrill!
6. There’s always a Cinderella who comes to the Big Dance.
7. The alliteration: Selection Sunday…Tip-off Thursday…March Madness. That makes me happy.
8. No matter how much time I put into perfecting my bracket (just twenty minutes this year), I still stink it up!
9. But not as bad as Shawn or my dad…:)
10. The drives, the threes, the boards, the blocks, the stops, the moves. There’s no better reason to throw a fist pump than a slashing drive through the paint: spin, lay-up, two points, done. Count it. Boom.