or my Domestic Indulgences…
Why share these? Sometimes I feel like it is hard to admit that I like doing things around the house. I guess I sort of bristle a little at the thought of being *shutter* domesticated. But there’s a lot I really like to do around the house, and if I had time, I imagine there’s even more I would like to do. So here are a few of my favorites:
1. Laundry. There is something so appealing about laundry, right? You take a mess of tangled clothes, through it through two machines, fold it up, and voila, a fresh basket of garments ready to be worn again! I find it completely satisfying.
2. Unsorted laundry. I do kids’ clothes, adult clothes, bath towels, and kitchen towels. That’s about the extent of my sorting. Lights and darks: nope.
3. Clorox or Lysol wipes. If I could, I would keep a container of these wipes in every room of my house. I love the ease of pulling out a wipe and cleaning a spill or surface. Why just brush your teeth when you can wipe down the sink at the same time? I kid, I kid…but not really. Sometimes, I steal wipes from Sidney’s baby wipe collection…
4. Aprons. I own two. Riley has one.
5. Coupons, candles, and freshly baked cookies.
6. Preparing food for my family. Probably not all the time. And this can range from getting breakfast for the kids before school to a full dinner to heating up leftovers (like we did tonight). Maybe this is an extension of nursing…:)
7. Gathering up garbage and recycling. It feels so good to move trash from inside the house to outside. Definitely a liberating experience.
8. Packing for trips. This usually includes my stuff, toiletries, kids’ stuff (clothes and toys), and snacks for the car. This sort of combines laundry with organization with food. All good things in my book!
That’s about all I can think of for now. On my list of least favorite things: cleaning bottles. floors, and dishes. Needless to say, Shawn is well aware of my preferences.