A lot of people think (or at least tell me) I’m crazy to be back in school with three babies, and I might be. One trick I’ve learned is to operate in perpetual survival mode. Here’s what that mode looks like:
1. I only wear make-up and contacts on days I go to campus.
2. I do laundry and then let it sit in baskets until I have time to get it done.
3. Dishes stack up in the sink.
4. Showering is a to-do list item.
5. I read a lot while I work out at the YMCA now that Sidney is old enough for Kid-Watch.
6. I took shaving my legs off my to-do list.
7. No naps. At least not during the week.
8. Simple/Frozen/Shawn-made/Moe’s dinners.
10. No extraneous shopping, for the most part: online or otherwise.
11. Downtime from school and work = kid time.
12. Pop tarts.
The thing about survival mode is that it isn’t pretty (as you can see from the pictures and imagine me without make-up). But it lets me focus on my family and my work. I believe anyone can do anything for a certain amount of time. So until May, survival mode it is!