I am five weeks into the spring semester. It’s almost four in the morning. I just slept almost six hours in a row. Six. Because it’s the middle of the night and I slept so much, I feel almost giddy. And I feel like sharing. Confessing, really. Time to break out a list:
1. Except for cooking at my parents’ home over the holidays, I think I have made dinner once since Sidney was born. I owe Grandma, Grandpa, and Shawn a lot for getting me and the kids fed. And we have a freezer full of frozen meals (Thank you Grandpa and Voila!), so I don’t plan on cooking for a while. Except I told Shawn I would make him scalloped potatoes tomorrow. Otherwise, I’m done.
2. I toggle back and forth between high anxiety and working calm. Some days, I am convinced I will not have enough time to get everything done for school and spend enough time with my kids. Other days, life seems completely manageable, and I even have time to browse Pinterest or bake citrus butter cookies with Riley and Adrian.
3. I only used half the butter the cookie recipe called for. Four sticks seemed outrageous! I used two and added some applesauce. They were still delicious. I ate twice as many as I would have otherwise.
4. I don’t read a lot of news these days. If you asked me what was happening in the world today, I could give you a brief report based on the twenty minutes I listen to NPR on my way to school Tuesdays and Thursdays. Otherwise, forget about it.
5. I watched every episode of Jersey Shore that was on Netflix streaming over the summer.
6. I hoard snacks I like in the house. Recently, we bought M&M’s because they were on sale. I kept the first bag (we’re talking big bags here) of peanut ones all to myself. I didn’t even tell Shawn I had opened them. I didn’t think the kids needed them, and Shawn had his own bag of regular M&M’s.
7. I can and do eat icing and peanut butter by the spoonful.
8. I would prefer to wear only leggings every day. As pants, that is. I mean leggings with a shirt of course. But sometimes I worry that I shouldn’t wear leggings because 1. I am getting older (just turned 29) and 2. I’ve only worked out once since having Sidney and I am self-conscious about my legs. Okay, about my whole body, but that is beside the point.
9. Sometimes, I think I can sing. Riley would completely disagree with this, but under the right circumstances and with the right song, I wonder if I shouldn’t just go audition for American Idol and be done with it.
10. If I wasn’t married with three children (that sounds like it could be the title of a tv show or something…), I would definitely try to be a contestant on the Bachelor.
11. I love reality TV.
12. I used to play WOW with my husband. I even had a level 70 rogue (back when level 70 was the highest level).
13. I love being pregnant. I don’t like how I look pregnant, but I love the experience of it.
14. I worry a lot. About my kids. About my family. About getting my work done. About money.
15. I like my pancakes a little gooey in the middle. And, I get really upset if Shawn makes them for me and they turn out too dry. Ask him. He knows better now. I think.