On my first blog, I sometimes used Fridays as a chance to share a little about me and reflect on the week by highlighting a few of my favorite things. Why not kick off my first post the same way?
So here are some of my favorite things:
1. Sid-tastic’s smiles. She’s been super smiley this week, and I love a wide, gummy grin.
2. Pop-tarts, especially brown-sugar cinnamon ones.
3. Mad Men. I have been powering through the episodes available on netflix. I tried to watch it a while ago, and I couldn’t get into it. Now I’m obsessed. Donald Draper might be one of my all-time favorite characters.
4. Donald Draper (but not all the time…sometimes I can’t stand him…but when he is good, he’s really good.
5. Peanut M&M’s. They were on-sale at Kroger’s this week. Yum.
6. Sixty degree weather in February. It makes me a little sad that I’m not wearing my boots these days, but I can’t complain about the beautiful weather we’ve been having.
7. Grandparent visits. My parents stayed with us collectively for three weeks to help us get under our feet after Sid-tastic came along and watch her while I started back to school and teaching. The time with them was terrific.
8. Steven Johnson’s Book Where Good Ideas Come From. A fast and good read. Had to read it for school, but I recommend it to anyone for pleasure, too.
9. Kid pictures. That other people with nice cameras take. Christi Lopez is amazing. She’s taken pictures of Riley and Adrian twice. R and A also had some antique pictures taken at daycare. They turned out so well! The kids were super smiley! My mom had a woman from her hospital take pictures of Sidney over Christmas. The pictures are beautiful, and they make me so happy. Now, if only I could put them all up all the time…:)
10. Five Guys Burgers and Fries. That’s where we’re headed to for dinner tonight. Best burger on the East Coast.
What are some of your favorites? Feel free to leave me a comment and share yours!